WHAT CAN WINDOW PAINTING DO FOR ME?
Brightly painted designs on your storefront can increase your sales, attract new customers to your store, and create an overall feeling of good-will,festivity and fun!
We live in a digital age which has created a sea of vinyl lettering, flashing led signs and banners of all shapes and sizes. Window painting has a human element that tends to stand out from the background noise, since people are naturally drawn to hand painted artwork. Custom designed for you, your window painting will be unique, yet consistent with the branding of your company.
The vast majority of our clients have never tried window painting before and once they see how much attention it attracts, and how much their customers like it, they don't want to be without it!
HOW DOES IT WORK WHEN I ORDER WINDOW PAINTING FROM WATERMELON WINDOWS?
Once you contact me with a general idea of what you are looking for, I assess the size and layout of your windows (often this can be done via a photograph from you). Using your input I work out a concept that provides maximum impact for your location - taking into account such factors as your marketing goals, current campaigns, window size, street visibility and budget. After that I provide you with with a rough sketch and an estimate. I freehand all of my work with the exception that if you have a specific design or logo that you would like to replicate I make a pattern to ensure that it's duplicated as close to the original as possible. I require a 50% deposit to book you a painting day, with the balance of the payment due upon the completion of the job.
DO YOU PAINT ON THE INSIDE OR OUTSIDE?
It depends on what works best for your location, but the great majority of my work is done on the outside, ensuring the best visibility and a really eye-popping result. My paint is waterproof once dry.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CHANGE MY WINDOW ART?
Changing your painting regularly generates more attention-grabbing results. Since viewers tend to get used to signs and stop seeing them after a while, when you have ever-changing fresh artwork on your storefront you continue to be noticed, with the curb-appeal of a successful, booming business! The majority of my clients like to take advantage of their free "billboards" and do something several times a year; tying in their products or sales to the changing seasons.
WHAT KIND OF PAINT DO YOU USE? DOES IT LAST?
I use a specially formulated gel-based window paint in combination with acrylic. These paints are opaque which means your final product is much more vibrant and polished looking than some window paintings you may have seen that use lower quality, more transparent paint. The artwork can easily last 3-6 months or more... it really depends on the amount of sunlight shining directly onto the painting (which can cause some of the colours to eventually fade). Most clients like to change their signs fairly often to keep their storefront fresh and current, so fading is generally not an issue.
WHO REMOVES THE OLD ARTWORK?
If you already have a professional window cleaning company, they can easily take care of the removal. If you prefer to take care of the cleaning yourself, I am happy to supply you with detailed instructions. Our paint "melts" with a spray of Windex and can then be effortlessly scraped off with a small retractable scraper blade from your local hardware store. Razor blades on wet glass never scratch- but please don't ever use any type of scouring pads on your windows as this could cause abrasions to occur on the surface of the glass.
HOW DOES PRICING WORK?
Each job is priced according to its size and complexity, making it easy to custom-design something for you within your budget. An intricate scene on one window with complex lettering and graphics could run about the same price as something simple and splashy across your whole storefront... it really depends on the amount of detail,and how complex the job is. The smallest storefronts generally start at $250 while the huge showroom windows across a dealership could run over a thousand dollars.
Regardless of the size of the job, I receive a lot of great feedback from customers who are thrilled with how their new window painting has increased their sales, i.e.: my Richmond Mitsubishi client told me very recently that the "Green Incentives" window theme to promote electric vehicles resulted in a direct car sale in less than a couple of weeks - that's a great return on a small marketing investment!
WHY CHOOSE WATERMELON WINDOWS?
1) Able to handle a very wide range of requests: from giant hand-lettered signage and precision logo reproduction to intricate decorative boutique style artwork to fun cartoons or caricatures of your staff enjoying the season's festivities. If you can dream it I can probably paint it, and if you can't dream it then I can help you with that too!!
2) Inspired designs: over 20 years of illustration, signage, writing and musical composition means that I have a lot of experience in putting together different elements in pleasing and harmonious ways. My clients are very happy with how my designs succeed at making their windows pop and their sales grow!
3) Superior paint: unimpressed with the type of paint generally used in temporary window art, I spent time researching alternatives and am now very happy with the professional look and performance I achieve with the mixture of paints I use. I often receive compliments on how unique my window painting looks and how opaque and bright the paint appears on the glass.
4) Premium Customer Service:
- Responding to your requests -usually the same day.
- Booking you a painting day the minute my schedule allows.
- Keeping a clean, organized, work area (ensuring your business has paint only on the agreed upon areas!)
- Being friendly and respectful to your valued customers...
And of course designing eye-catching artwork that is sure to attract attention to your business! I look forward to my next project with you!
604 719 7444 firstname.lastname@example.org